American Express® Corporate Membership Rewards® Programme
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the new Corporate Membership Rewards programme?
Corporate Membership Rewards is a new programme that enables your company1 to collect points from multiple Corporate Cards into a single Corporate Membership Rewards account. These points can then be redeemed for a variety of rewards that can help your company achieve business savings.
Which American Express product(s) are eligible to enrol in Corporate Membership Rewards?
Your American Express Green and/or Gold Corporate Cards are eligible1 to be enrolled2 in the Corporate Membership Rewards programme.
Can companies with other American Express products (BTA, CPC, CMC, or GDC) be enrolled in Corporate Membership Rewards?
No. The programme is only open to companies holding Green or Gold Corporate Cards.
What is the difference between Individual Membership Rewards and the Corporate Membership Rewards programme?
- The Individual Membership Rewards programme enables Cardmembers to earn points in a personal Membership Rewards account and redeem them for their personal benefit. The employees are eligible to enrol at the discretion of the customer, in line with the conditions of the company's Corporate Card Programme agreement with American Express. The Cardmember is liable for the annual enrolment fee required to participate in the Individual Membership Rewards programme.
- The Corporate Membership Rewards programme collects points from multiple enrolled Corporate Cards into a single Corporate Membership Rewards account. The points are owned by the company and are redeemed for the benefit of the company. The company is liable for the annual fees for each Card enrolled in the Corporate Membership Rewards programme.
What are the key benefits of Corporate Membership Rewards?
You will now be able to operate a rewards programme for the benefit of the company. You can enrol one or as many Cards as you wish into the programme. The more Cards you enrol, the more points you will have for consolidation into the Corporate Membership Rewards account. This means that you:
- Will retain the Corporate Membership Rewards points even when the employee leaves the company.
- Have control over the number of Cards and which employee(s) to enrol into the programme.
- Will have an opportunity to accelerate your company's redemption potential faster with multiple Cards enrolled earning points quickly in Corporate Membership Rewards.
How can Corporate Membership Rewards help my company achieve business savings?
You may elect to redeem points to purchase business items, instead of using cash or credit, which could give your company greater cash flow flexibility for other important business expenses.
What is the earn rate in the Corporate Membership Rewards programme and how do I redeem points?
Earn points on company expenses and redeem points for a variety of rewards. Learn more here.
Is there a limit to the number of Cards that can be enrolled in Corporate Membership Rewards?
No, there is no limit but it may not be the best decision to enrol all your Corporate Cards. Please consult with your Account Development Manager on what is the best option for your company.
What is Flexible Savings?
Flexible Savings is a new feature that allows you to use Corporate Membership Rewards points to pay for charges that appear on your Corporate Card statement.
What is TripFlex™?
TripFlexTM is a new travel feature offered exclusively by the Corporate Membership Rewards programme. You will first purchase or book your travel arrangements using your American Express Corporate Card. After this charge is reflected on the Corporate Card statement, call American Express to redeem points to pay for the charged amount.
How can I view the number of Corporate Membership Rewards points that I have acquired in the programme?
The appointed Corporate Membership Rewards Programme Administrator will be given a secure access to the Corporate Membership Rewards account. This Administrator can then view the Corporate Membership Rewards points balance online 24/7 through their Account Summary page.
Can I have both Corporate Membership Rewards and Individual Membership Rewards operating within my company?
Yes. However, each Corporate Card can only be enrolled in either the Corporate or Individual Membership Rewards programme, not both. You have the choice to enrol* selected Cards in Corporate Membership Rewards to earn points for the company and decide if the remaining employees are allowed to enrol in the Individual Membership Rewards programme.
For full terms and conditions, please click here